Using keywords on Pinterest is the first step in growing your Pinterest account. Keywords allow your profile to be discoverable by the right people that are searching for content like yours. Here’s how to use keywords on Pinterest.
How to Determine Your Keywords
Your keywords can be determined in a number of ways. You can search Pinterest for keywords that relate to your post/blog/business and then gather more keywords there. You can also utilize a tool like Google Keyword planner.
Where to Use Keywords
The next step to using keywords is knowing where to use them. You should use the same keyword(s) in these places:
- Profile – Your profile should have all your business and blog’s relevant keywords within your description. You can also add in a few where your name is like “Name | Keyword & Keyword”
- Pin Description – Obviously you want to list your keywords in the pin’s description itself. This one is the most obvious.
- Board Description – Determine some keywords that accurately depict what is contained within that Pinterest board.
- Others’ Images – If you pin a pin that doesn’t have a very good description, you can add one yourself!
- Image File Names – Name your images as one of your keywords.
- 3-5 Targeted Hashtags – now that you can use hashtags on Pinterest, make sure you are using them within your pin descriptions as #yourkeyword.
Using keywords on Pinterest is a great way to get your blog and business out there. If you aren’t using SEO on Pinterest, make sure you start today!